Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring has Sprung?

I love the change of seasons-- I love the heat of summer turning into cool of fall (football is in the air), the cool of fall turning into the snow of winter (yay for Christmas!), and the snow of winter turning into the sun and fun of spring (I'll ignore summer-- I've never been a big summer fan). Today I was reminded why I love this time of year-- going from winter to spring. Today was Opening Day, spring is around the corner, the sun was out, Ken and I both did some spring cleaning projects and my all time favorite beer-- Bell's Oberon--was released this week for Spring and Summer enjoyment! 

Bell's claims Oberon "looks like a summer day". 

For those of you at our wedding last summer, it was probably pretty obvious of our love for Bell's Oberon as they adorned every table, and for those of you that read prior posts I mentioned my love for Bell's Winter White. Bell's is pretty much the bell of my beer ball! Bell's Brewery is a Michigan brewer located on the West side of the state in Comstock, MI with a general store and cafe in Kalamazoo, MI. Many people liken Bell's Oberon to Blue Moon, but truth be told it's a different flavor altogether. Oberon is a wheat ale with a mild fruity "aroma", it doesn't taste like orange juice married Budweiser as Blue Moon does. Oberon is the perfect summer beer and thankfully they refuse to release nutritional information so I never really have to feel bad about not drinking a light beer.

The Oberon (orange capped beer) in the buckets on our tables at the wedding! 
Today was also special because it's the first (and most likely only) day that the Cubs will be with out any losses in a season that will undoubtedly be riddled with losses. The Cubs have a new manager and pretty much a roster full of new and relatively unknown faces. There are so many questions to ask-- Is Zambrano back in playing shape (after a bout in anger management)? Will Kerry Wood be worth a crap? Could this be the year? My guess is the answer is "NO" to all above questions. But just as every other devoted Cubs fan, I'll begin my season cheering them on as they play the Pirates tomorrow in their season opener. Go Cubs Go!

Finally, I loved today because I got to spend it admiring Ken's latest project-- our tile backsplash in the kitchen. He did such a fabulous job and it totally lightened up the entire feel of the kitchen. I love love love it. If I can take a minute to brag, he is so talented and does such great work! I'm so thankful for all the time he puts in to make our house a home :)

The Before... 
The After... 
More pics to come as he finishes the other side of the kitchen! Until then, I need to find my Cubs T-shirt and crack open the first Oberon of the season... Happy Spring Friends and Family!





No comments:

Post a Comment