Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lisa Version 3.0

Today was my 30th birthday!!! I can't believe I've got 3 decades worth of amazing experiences and memories under my belt. I can't wait for the next 3 decades!!

Ken truly made my 30th special... he stole me away and took me to a Cubs game (my all time favorite baseball team) in Chicago. We left Mattie with Grannie Annie and we actually did ok away for the night from her (hello 8 hours of sleep in a row). Grannie Annie did a great job with her and Mattie seems to be missing her Grannie Annie tonight! We met Megan and Booth for some drinks and board games (yep, board games in a bar!) and braved a few innings of the wind and rain to watch the Cubs act their part of lovable losers yet again. At least they lost to our brother in law Jeff's Rockies!
Tickets to Wrigley! 

Feels like home...

Our seats were amazing, thanks Mr. Donehoo!!! 

Ken and I tried to drink and eat our way through the city. We had Chicago style pizza at Lou Malnahti's and tots and cheese (a local fav) at Schoolyard.   I even found a new beer that I love.. Goose Island Sophie-- DELICIOUS!  I showed Ken Joe's Sports Bar where I used to work, my old Southport apartment and even drove him by the apartment that was broken into in Bucktown (all still standing)! In my last attempt at Chicago nostalgia, I tried to take him to my favorite local Wicker Park/Bucktown coffeehouse/breakfast joint- Filter. In a strange twist of, hell I'm not sure what it's a twist of, Filter was closed down and replaced by a Bank of America...damn the man :)

SORRY in a bar! Booth, that sneaky skank, beat me :) Better than Ken though!

Goose Island Sophie. A.MAZING! 
After Chicago, we headed back to South Bend to pick up Mattie and go visit Mer, Dan and the lovely Santucci crew! Mer made the best Pistachio cakes (sound strange but are DELISH!) and we got to play with Johnny and Avery. I'm pleased to announce that Avery giggled and smiled with me this time-- no screams for Lisa and Ken taught Johnny how to fist pound and explode. Classy, Ken, classy!

On our way to visit Mer and Dan, I took Ken by our old Granger house and came to the craziest realization. Exactly 14 years ago today, Ken, his sister Emily and a few other of our friends surprised me at our Granger house for my 16th birthday. Until today, it was my favorite birthday. It's amazing how much can change, and still stay the same in the last 14 years. I still have a huge crush on that crazy Ken Roberts, but this time he's not one of my best friends older brothers, he's my husband!

Thanks to everyone for all the fabulous birthday wishes! Lisa, version 3.0 promises to be the best model yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment